Just see a video that teachs you how to learn any language in six months on youtube. It’s created by Chris Lonsdale. I think it’s very interesting and I believe those ways will be useful for us. So that’s why I note it.
The Big Question
- How can normal adults learn a
NEW LANGUAGEQuickly, Easily, Effectively?
- There have
- The two things that really don’t matter:
Talent Immersion per se
5 Principles of Rapid Language Acquisition
There have four words you need to keep in your mind: Meaning, Relevance, Attention, Memory
Focus on language content that is
relevant to you.
New Language as a
Communicate … from Day 1
When you first
MESSAGE, you will unconsciously
ACQUIRE the Language
Note: Language learning is NOT ABOUT KNOWLEGE…, It’s about
Language learning is about
- Talking takes muscle… when your
FACE HURTS, you are doing it
- Very important idea… You Must Learn to Tolerate Ambiguity
7 Actions for Rapid Language Acquisition
Listen A LOT!
- Brain Soaking with New Language
Focus on getting the meaning
FIRST (before the words)
- Use Body Language
- Use Patterns You Already Know
- So… get creative… start mixing!
*Focus on the
Week 1 (The Tool Box)
-What is this?
-How do you say?
-I don’t understand…
All in the TARGET LANGUAGE
Week 2-3 (Pronouns, Common Verbs, Adjectives)
Week 4 (Glue Words)
Get a Language Parent
Language Parent “Rules”:
- Works to understand what you are saying
- Does not correct mistake
- Confirms understanding by using correct language
- Uses words the learner knows
Direct Connect to Mental Images
Note: The original video address is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yGdNEWdn0